Make an eco-statement with this Vegan Cactus Leather Swing Seat Hanging Chair. Made to order by our sustainable manufacturers and inspired by the TopEco planet-friendly pledge. This statement piece of furniture adds a unique wow-factor never before seen in an English garden. The high-quality cactus leather swing chair is a stunning game-changer in garden furniture, made from 100% cruelty-free, vegan cactus leather, the vibrancy of the green colour is a testament to Mother Nature herself.
The advantages of choosing a vegan garden seat exclusively designed with natural, eco-friendly, sustainable materials are boundless. Here are several benefits to enhance your life and your garden by choosing cactus leather:
- It takes only approximately three cactus leaves to create one linear meter of Cactus Leather
- Cacti absorb carbon dioxide. They convert into plant carbohydrates which builds a vigorous plant, which creates pure, clean oxygen for us to breathe.
- Only the plant's mature leaves are cut when harvesting without damaging the plant itself, enabling repeat harvest every 6-8 months from the same plants.
- It only takes 200 litres of water to grow one kilogram of cactus biomass. It is absorbed by the plant from humidity present in the atmosphere, compared to 1000 litres (on average) to grow the same kilogram from other crops. No irrigation is used.
- Cactus is a tough and resilient species, adapted to extreme conditions, and survives in areas where nothing else will grow.
- Cacti can grow in severely degraded soils, which are inadequate for other crops.
- No chemicals, herbicides or pesticides are used Life Cycle Assessment of Desserto® Cactus Leather: CED (MJ) CUMULATIVE ENERGY DEMAND: Desserto® saves 878.26% CED (MJ) compared to animal leather, and 78.96% compared to polyurethane (PU). GHG CARBON (KGCO2EQ.): Desserto® saves 1,864.02% Greenhouse Gas Emissions than animal leather and 77.69% compared to polyurethane. EUTROPHICATION (KGPO4 3-EQ.): Desserto® saves 500% Eutrophication impact than animal leather, and 100% compared to polyurethane (PU). WATER USE (M3): Desserto® saves 164,650% of water than animal leather and 190% compared to polyurethane (PU). (C02) CARBON NEGATIVE FARMING: In only 14 acres of organic cactus plantations, 8,100 tons of CO2 is absorbed per year while only generating 15.30 tons of CO2 annually.
All designs are ideal for inside or outdoor use, look gorgeous on a deck, patio, hanging from a branch of a tree or anywhere indoors of your choosing. Children and teens love them, to play outside but also to chill out when reading a book or relaxing in front of the telly.
The hanging mechanisms are supplied with chair – in standard lengths, ready for installation.
- Made from durable mild steel
- Aluminium available on request.
- E coated
- Powder-coated and Environ Protected (a process used on the chassis of a car) for rust resistance
|Hanging Mechanism Length||2.8 m|
|Material||Cactus Leather, Mild Steel or Stainless Steel|
Beautiful hanging swing chairs and daybeds are the passion of the craftsman. All the seats are made from steel and are strong, sustainable and durable. All designs are handmade which allows each piece to have individualism and uniqueness in the detailed pattern due to the variance of craftsmanship.
- All metal components can be wiped clean with a damp cloth and dried immediately.
- If applicable, stainless steel components can be cleaned using a non-abrasive cleaner.
- Cactus leather to be wiped down with a damp cloth.
All chairs are made from mild steel, making them very durable. They are EP coated – Environ Protected (the same treatment as used on the chassis of motorcars) for rust resistance. They are also powder coated.
- This item is made by our manufacturer as per your order.
- Product is made to order: 4 – 6 weeks lead times for manufacture, ex-works (but sooner if stock is available). The swings are made of Aluminium.
- We are unable to accept cancellation or accept any extra cost that may incur due to the wrong information provided by you at the time you placed the order.
- We will confirm all sizes/colours/finishes in a written email (order confirmation) with you before going ahead with the production of your order.
* This piece is manufactured for TopEco Home to order and is shipped from South Africa. TopEco Home covers all handling, shipping, customs and insurance costs.
* With all made to order furniture, we are unable to offer refunds or exchanges once you have placed your order.
* UK Delivery is free for most mainland postcodes and is capped when buying multiple items. For remote UK postcodes, EU, US, AUS and CA, correct delivery costs are shown in the basket once the shipping address is entered.